What to Expect
A Brief Overview of the Process After Listing
We Are Here For You
You will be fully represented by our brokerage - from list to close.
During Listing Period
- Buyers will find your property via our various ads on Social Media, Kijiji, Realtor.ca or any of the MLS® distributed property websites. Buyers will also be sent your listing if they are signed up with any REALTOR® and receiving property listings from them.
- REALTORS® will reach out to you directly for showings at the number you provide, or through the online showing system which sends you a text and email with the requested time they would like to view your home.
We will follow up with agents following their visit and share their clients' feedback with you.
- If there is an interested buyer not working with an agent, they will reach out to us directly. We will answer any questions and reach out to you to confirm a time that works for you to meet and show the potential buyer your property.
- We will follow up with the direct buyer for feedback and if the right property for them, we will work with them to prepare an offer for your consideration.
- Meanwhile, updated social media and Kijiji ads will continue to be placed throughout the listing period until a successful buyer is found.
When an Offer is Received
- When we have an offer in hand, either from a direct buyer or an agent with an interested buyer, we review the offer, summarize the high-level details, and send you an email with the complete offer and summary for your review and consideration. We will be available over the phone or email to discuss your response to the offer.
- We prepare the offer or a counter-offer for signing and send to you via Authentisign.
- We send the offer back to the agent, for acceptance or another counter offer.
- Once an offer has been accepted and signed, we notify your lawyer, send them a copy of the signed documents, and let them know to expect the deposit.
- We coordinate with the buyer or buyer agent so the deposit is provided to your lawyer to be held in trust pending completion.
- If the offer is conditional, we will work with the buyer or buyer agent to coordinate any conditions that are needed to be met (ex: home inspection).
- When the offer is firm or once conditions are met, all documents are sent to your lawyer and the buyer's lawyer.
- Your lawyer then prepares the documents for closing, while working with the buyer's lawyer.
- You will receive a call typically a week prior to closing to sign the relevant documents with your lawyer.
- We then coordinate with the buyer/buyer agent any walkthroughs written into the offer/agreement prior to closing.
- Your lawyer does the necessary work on closing to collect the funds from the buyer’s lawyer and disburse to you, along with paying our commission (and any buyer agent commission, if applicable).
- Keys are provided to the buyer/buyer’s lawyer via your lawyer.
- Decide what you are going to do with all the extra funds left in your pocket by avoiding unnecessary commission fees!
Still have questions?
Need to speak to someone?